Saturday, February 20, 2010


I dropped my sister, Margaret off at the airport and got a parking ticket after saying goodbye in record time of 1 minute! I just got back into the city and Margaret called to say that she was 5 minutes too late to get on the plane!...So, I returned to the airport and we came back to three hungry boys at home.
What to make ?- something delicious, fast and nutritious.
We put together a big pot of chili , a green salad and whole grain toast in record time.
Chili is a really speedy dish - and can easily be vegetarian or meaty. I love to make a veggie version with a variety of beans, but I knew the boys would like a little meat in it....sooo.
It started with sauteed onion, garlic, celery, grated carrots then a little lean ground beef. After the meat browned, in went the diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Then, my favourite part - the beans! Rinsed canned red kidney beans and chickpeas. I added cumin, cocoa, paprika, cinnamon and of course...chili powder.
Topped the bowls off with a little grated mozzarella and fresh parsley. Wow - that was fast - we were enjoying it in 30 minutes!! You can do that too, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment